Wednesday, August 19, 2009

6th Journal Entry: “An Inconvenient Truth” & Challenging Myself

An Inconvenient Truth(based on my reflection paper)

Former vice president Al Gore shares his concerns on the pressing issue of global warming in this documentary. A long-time environmental activist, Gore first became aware of evidence on global warming in the 1970s, and since leaving public office he has become a passionate advocate for large- and small-scale changes in our laws and lifestyles that could help alleviate this crisis. An Inconvenient Truth records a multi-media presentation hosted by Gore in which he discusses the scientific facts behind global warming, explains how it has already begun to affect our environment, talks about the disastrous consequences if the world's governments and citizens do not act, and shares what each individual can do to help protect the Earth for this and future generations.


The difference between Mitigation and Adaption: Mitigation is a partial excuse to mitigate censure; an attempt to represent an offense as less serious than it appears by showing mitigating circumstances. While Adaption is an alteration or adjustment in structure or habits, often hereditary, by which a species or individual improves its condition in relationship to its environment.


Well, global warming may be a big and serious problem, but you can help prevent it in simple ways. First of all, make sure to do more recycling. Next to the trash can in your house, buy a recycling bin and get into a habit of recycling anything you can. Or try to use electricity as much as possible. If there's a light in your home that's on when it doesn't need to be, turn it off. Also, maybe get some of your neighbors or friends together to plant a tree. Lastly, buy a car which doesn't use as much gasoline or anything. Say if you have a Hummer. My advice, sell it. Cars like those are destroying our world little by little. So get involved, and be aware to help the Earth.

Challenging Myself

I always think that I should challenge myself, but I think it will not help me. There are many challenges that I will come to me soon that will make me stronger; I don’t like to challenge myself by myself. I want that challenges will come to me some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment